Maureen Megowan's Blog

head_left_image

Fire in Laundry Room of new Terranea Resort Forces Evacuation

A fire broke out in a laundry room of the new Terranea Resort last night at approx. midnight and was put out in about in about an hour and forced the temporary evacuation of hotel guests from their rooms. The resort had been open for just 1 week when the fire struck. Damage appears to be limited to the laundry room, however smoke did reach the air conditioning system causing some smoke damage.

 Outdoor patio and fireplace at Nelson's bar at the new Terranea Resort.

I had just been at the resort that night and left about 2 hours before the fire. We had a lovely time at the new Nelson's bar at the edge of the cliffs at the Resort.  We snacked on the shrimp tacos which were fantastic!!!  By the way, Nelson's bar is named after the Mike Nelson character of the old Sea Hunt TV series that was filmed at this location in the 19560's when it was Marineland of the Pacific.

For more information on the Terranea Resort , visit my website at http://www.maureenmegown.com

For more information about Palos Verdes and South Bay Real Estate and buying and selling a home on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, visit my website at http://www.maureenmegowan.com . I try to make this the best real estate web blog in the South Bay Los Angeles and the Palos Verdes Peninsula. I would love to hear your comments or suggestions.

Comment balloon 0 commentsMaureen Megowan • June 22 2009 12:44PM

Comments

This blog does not allow anonymous comments